A childbirth preparation course guided by music and singing.
The mother / couple will be guided to the knowledge of what happens during labor and birth, thus using also music as a tool to reduce tension and get in touch with the baby. Singing during pregnancy is an effective way to reduce tension and stress. Starting from the fifth month, the baby perceives the sounds. The maternal (and paternal) voice then acts as a melody that stimulates the brain structures of the fetus and nourishes its emotional development.
The physiologycal themes of the birth that will be addressed are:
– stages of labor
– positions to be taken in labor and birth
– how to cope with contractions
– massage and acupressure techniques
– medical interventions (induction, epidural, cesarean, etc.)
– the immediate post-partum
– overview of breastfeeding techniques
During the sessions you will experience:
– breathing exercises
– group vocalizations / free and guided intonation
– relaxation activities
– construction of an emotional-musical repertoire to communicate with your baby (lullabies and songs also accompanied by musical instruments).
No musical or vocal skills are required.
The course is recommended starting from the 24th week of gestation and includes 4 meetings of 2 hours each, on a weekly basis.
It can be held in English or Italian and it will be activated upon request for a minimum of 3 participants.
If days and times that we set for the course should not be compatible with your commitments we are open to discuss other options.
An additional postpartum meeting is also possible: mothers are welcome to share their experiences and welcome the new baby by proposing to him/her the music and songs already listened in the amniotic fluid in order to consolidate its ancestral, sound-musical and emotional memories.
To reserve your place please fill out the following form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gM1g0HPRJILRLoMAuJtUaBnVwijN-hohLBd15y7AVLw/edit